Daav yos'Phelium is Delm Korval and a protagonist in Scout's Progress and Mouse and Dragon.
He has an alternate persona (Jen Sar Kiladi) on the planet Delgado.
- Dark hair (worn in a braid when younger), dark eyes, lanky
- "The man in the portrait was…feral. His eyes were fierce and black under well-marked brows; his lean face was hard; his mouth firm, and his chin decided. His hair—Jen Sar had kept his greying hair cut short—this man’s hair, so dark a brown that it might have been black, had been braided and let to hang over his left shoulder. From his right ear swung an ornament of silver wire, twisted into a primitive design." Kamele viewing the portrait hall in DiE.
- "Visible through that window was a lean young man lying on a pale mat, his tender flesh uniformly golden, showing neither scar or mar. His nose and his face alike were long, the mouth perhaps a bit thin, lips presently pressed into a firm line. The eyebrows were strong; dark, like the thick lashes that lay lightly along his cheek. Short, dark hair covered his head like a tight-fitting velvet cap; his ears were shapely." The Uncles view of Daav in the remastering unit in DIE.
- Father to Val Con and Theo Waitley
- Scout Captain, retired from active Scout service upon assuming the role of Delm Korval.
- Lifemate to Aelliana Caylon, who lives on in his body since her physical death
- Left Liad and his duty as Delm for Balance of Aelliana's
- For Healers' sight he is "loud" and sometimes his presence dismays Healers., but he can use a method (similar to the rainbow) learned from a grandmother of a tribe of hunter-gatherers, who taught him to be still.
- Daav would do nothing for one reason when he could do it for six.
- Val Con, son (with Aelliana Caylon), Scout
- Theo, daughter (with Kamele Waitley), pilot
- Aelliana Caylon, lifemate, scholar of mathematics, pilot, lives on in Daav's body after her death
- Daav (as Jen Sar Kiladi) is onagrata to Kamele Waitley, scholar of history of education
- Er Thom yos'Galan, cha'leket, cousin, Master Trader
- Chi yos'Phelium, mother, pilot
- Fer Gun pen'Uldra (contract marriage), Low House but "A pilot to mavel at" (so Daav's mother praised him)
The people who have Daav's private comm code:Edit
- Er Thom yos'Galan
- Clonak ter'Meulen
- Olwen sel'Iprith (Scout lieutenant, former lover)
- Frad Jinmaer
- Fer Gun pen'Uldra - Daav's father
- Aelliana Caylon
- Mr. pak'Ora -- the yos'Galan butler
- Mr. pel'Kana -- the yos'Phelium butler
Jen Sar KiladiEdit
- Alternate persona of Daav yos'Phelium furthering Balance for his lifemate's death.
- Kamele's onagrata and Theo's father.
- The persona of Jen Sar Kiladi is based on a wager started nearly fifteen standards before Daav and Aelliana met.
- Scholar Kiladi originates upon a Terran world with a lesser Liaden population. In his supplication letter to Dobrin Univeristy he wrote that this early living astride two cultures was what first excited his interest in the field of cultural genetics. An interest that has only deepened with his degrees in comparative linguistics and dynamics of diaspora. He has taken all his degrees at Terran universities. Kiladis peers describe him as brilliant, radical, original, but also as popinjay, recluse and a dangerous madman.
- When Aelliana wanted to "meet" Jen Sar Kiladi, Daav "changed" for her into Scholar Kiladi. Aelliana described that, "like Daav, Kiladi was an upright man, proud withoud being prideful. It seemed, that he was not quite so tall as Daav, nor, when he opened his eyes, so bold or ascertaining in his glances. His step was light, but by no means silent, his carriage easy, even graceful, but it did not cry our "Pilot!" nor even whisper "Scout."" Afterwards Aelliana asked Daav how long he can sustain this. He answered: "I can support it more easily at length, it becomes worn in, like a favorite sweater."(is this ability a heritage of Cantra's aelantaza abilities? -"They convince other people because they are convinced themselves.")
- Even before Daav left Liad to balance Aelliana 's death, he was physically teaching students. E.g. at Searston University.
- The Gallowglass Chair Professor of Cultural Genetics at the University of Delgado.
- a scholar recently awarded his third degree by the Guardians of Knowledge of Dobrin University.
- Expert in the following fields: comparative linguistics, diaspora dynamics, cultural genetics
- Kamele describes Jen Sar as her onagrata, a challenging scholar, stimulating companion, surprising lover, and affectionate role-mate for her daughter.