- Acazi - [ah-CAH-zee] (Terran) = Do you understand?
- Al'bresh venat'i - [ahl-BRESH ven-AH-tay] (High Liaden) = Formal phrase of sorrow for another Clan's loss, as when someone dies.
- Al'kin Chernard'i - [ahl-KIN chair-NAR-dee] (High Liaden) = "The Day Without Delight"
- A'nadelm - [ah' NAH-delm] (High Liaden) = Heir to the nadelm
- A'thodelm - [ah' THO-delm (soft TH)] (High Liaden) = Head-of-Line-to-Be
- A'trezla - [ah' TREHZ-lah] (High Liaden) = Lifemates
- Balent'i Kalandon - [bal-EHN-tay kal-an-DOHN] (High Liaden) = Our local galaxy
- Balent'i tru'vad - [bal-EHN-tay troo-VAHD] (High Liaden) = The starweb of all creation
- Bits = Terran Currency
- Cha'dramliza (PLURAL: cha'dramliz) = Healer (this is the word Win Ton can find no Terran analog for)
- Cha'leket - [shah' leh-KEHT] (Low Liaden) = Heartkin (heartbrother, heartsister); a person for whom one feels a sibling's affection
- Cha'trez - [SHAH' trehz] (Low Liaden) = approximately Heartsong
- Chernubia - [CHAIR-noo-bee-ah] (Low Liaden) = Confected delicacy
- Chiat'a bei kruzon - [SHEE-ah-tah bay kru-ZAHN] (High Liaden) = Dream sweetly
- Ckrakec - [C!KRAH-kek] (derived from the Yxtrang) = Approximately 'Master Hunter' (when dealing with Yxtrang pronunciation is the LEAST of your worries <g>)
- Coab minshak'a - [co-AB min-SHAH-kah] = 'Necessity exits'
- Conselem - [con-sel-EHM] = an absurdity
- Delm - [like helm] (High Liaden) = Head of Clan (Delm Korval, Korval Himself/Herself)
- Delmae - [del-MAY] (High Liaden) = Lifemate to the Delm
- Denubia - [deh-NOO-bee-ah] (Low Liaden) = Darling
- Dramliza (PLURAL: dramliz) [drahm-LEE-zah] (High Liaden) = A wizard.
- Dri'at - [DREE-aht] (High Liaden) = Left (direction)
- Eklykt'i - [ehk-leh-KEE-tee] (High Liaden) = Unreturned
- Eldema - [el-DAY-mah] (High Liaden) = First Speaker (most times, the Delm)
- Eldema-pernard'i - [el-DAY-mah per-NAR-dee] (High Liaden) = First-Speaker-In-Trust
- Entranzia volecta - [ehn-THRAN-zee] (High Liaden) = Good greetings
- Fa'vya - [FAH'vee-yah] (High Liaden) = an aphrodisiac laced wine sold at Festival (also fa'vyaan)
- Flaran Cha'menthi [FLAIR-an chah-MEHN-thee] (High Liaden) = 'I(/We) Dare'; Korval's motto
- Galan'ranubiet - [?](?) = Treasures of the House
- Galandaria - [gah-LAN-dree-ah] (High Liaden) = Countryperson, Confederate?
- Ge'shada - [geh-SHAH-dah] (High Liaden) = congratulations
- Glavda Empri = yo'Lanna's house
- I'ganin brath'a, vyan se'untor = Play with the body, rest the mind
- Ilania frrogudon palon dox - [ee-LAHN-ya frrogh-goo-DOHN PAL-ohn DOX] (roll rr's in frrogudon)(approx) = Young ladies should speak more gently
- I'lanta - [ee-LAHN-tah] (High Liaden) = Right (direction)
- Illanga kilachi - [ee-LAHN-gah kee-LAH-chee (hard g in Illanga, like "go")] (Low Liaden) = (no translation available)
- Indra - [IHN-drah] (Low Liaden) = Uncle
- Jelaza Kazone - [jeh-LAH-za kah-ZONE] (High Liaden) = Jela's Fulfillment, The Tree, also Korval's Own House.
- Juntavas = thieves, gray-traders, pilots are warned to avoid (Pilots' Guild Handbook)
- Korval-pernard'i = See "Eldema-pernard'i"
- Lazenia spandok - [la-ZEE-nyah span-DOCK] (Low Liaden) = Liaden expletive, Son of a bitch (REAL approximate)
- Liad - [LEE-ad] = planet in the Hipaishen Sector
- Liaden - [lee-AY-den] = a small, golden-skinned, fiercely competative race, of/belonging to Liad.
- Megelaar - [MAY-geh-lar (hard g like "get")] = The Dragon on Korval's shield
- Melant'i - [meh-LAHN-tee] (High Liaden) = Liaden code of conduct, who one is in relation to current circumstances. ALSO who one is in sum, encompassing all possible persons one might be (see A Terran's Guide to Liad)
- Menfri'at - [men-FREE-aht] (High Liaden) = Liaden martial art
- Mirada - [mee-RAH-dah] (Low Liaden) = Father
- Misravot - [MISS-rah-vaht] = Altanian wine; blue in color
- Nadelm - [NAH-delm] (High Liaden) = Delm-to-Be, Heir to the Delm
- Nadelmae = Lifemate to the delm-to-be
- Nubiath'a - [noo-bee-AH-tha (soft th like "think")] (Low Liaden) = Gift given to end an affair of pleasure
- Palesci modassa - [pah-LESS-ee mo-DAH-sah] (High Liaden) = Thank you
- Pernard'i = See Eldema-pernard'i
- Prena'ma - [preh-NAH-mah] (High Liaden) = Storyteller
- Prethliu - [PRETH-loo] (High Liaden) = Rumorbroker
- Qe'andra - [kay-AHN-drah] (High Liaden) = Man of business; accountant, negotiator, attorney, representative
- Qua'lechi - [kwa-LEH-chee] = Exclamation of horror
- Relumma - [reh-LOO-mah] (High Liaden) = Quarter of a Liaden year, equalling 96 Standard days
- Thawla - [THAW-lah] (Low Liaden) = Mother (approximately Mommy)
- Thawlana = thaw-LAH-nah, (Low Liaden) = Grandmother
- Thodelm - [THOH-delm] (High Liaden) = Head of Line (also Thodelmae)
- Tra'sia volecta - [THRAH-see-ya vo-LECT-a] (Low Liaden) = Good morning
- Trealla Fantrol - [tree-AHL-lah fan-TROL] = The yos'Galan house
- Valcon Berant'a - [VAL'CON behr-AHN-tah] = Dragon's Price or Dragon Hoard, the name of Korval's valley.
- Valcon Melad'a - [VAL'CON meh-LAH-dah] = Dragon's Way, the Delm's Own ship
- van'chela - [vahn-CHAY-lah] (Low Liaden) = beloved friend
- va'netra - [vah-NEH-trah] (Low Liaden) = charity case, lame puppy
- Yxtrang - [eks-TRANG] = Ancient Liaden enemy
- zerkam'ka - [zair-KAHM-kah] (Low Liaden) = kinslayer